Take some time out for yourself and spend a day drawing yourself calm on 2nd July 2020.
In this day we will be bringing drawing and the principles of mindfulness together, finding a stillness and calm in this helter-skelter world we live in. You will literally be ‘drawn into’ what you are doing; coming out of your thinking-mind and into your being-mind – experiencing a sense of welbeing.
You will also experience a sense of flow, quietening your busy, dominant thinking brain and allowing your right hemisphere to come to the fore, opening up space for clearer perspectives and creative ideas so you can focus your attention on what you need to.
Drawing yourself calm will:
- Slow down thinking, enabling you to become fully aware and fully present in the moment
- Quieten your dominant left hemisphere so you can manage your thoughts and focus your attention on what you need to
- Create a space of calmness and welbeing
- Reconnect you to your creativity and increase your sense of confidence in your creativity
- Provide you with new, creative ways to reduce stress, ways you can bring to your coaching practice and share with your clients
- Experience the principles of mindfulness in a different way
The day is based on the book ‘Mindfulness & the Art of Drawing’ by Wendy Greenhalgh and is aimed at any coach who wants to take some time out, wants to experience mindfulness in a different way and wants to connect to their creativity. You will receive a copy of this book to continue your practice beyond the day.
You do not need to be able to draw to get the best from this day, just come with an open mind and a willingness to experience the approach.