3rd & 4th October 2022 at Sarum College, Salisbury UK
I am delighted to offer this accredited foundation development programme designed for coaches who would like to start to develop an art-based approach in their coaching practice.
The programme is very experiential and reflective, introducing you to art in coaching, enabling you to explore and discover for yourself how to coach with art, manage yourself in a creative space and hold a safe place for your clients to work in this way. This programme gives you the foundations for getting started with coaching with art and is based on the ART in Coaching Framework and my book Coaching Beyond Words – Using Art to Deepen and Enrich Our Conversations, Routledge 2019.
The programme consists of:
- Two in-person learning days
- Co-coaching both within the programme and after the programme, and
- A follow-up group supervision session post the programme
This programme is also offered online with the in-person content delivered live online over four consecutive half days. Click here to find out more.
Who is the programme for?
This programme is aimed at coaches who want to explore art-based coaching as part of their practice.
You will already be a qualified coach with some coaching experience. You may already be using creative approaches in your practice, although this is not a requirement.
You do not have to be an artist or consider yourself to be creative. However, you do need to be open to exploring your own creativity so you can develop your confidence in using this approach with your clients.
It is also important to commit yourself to developing a reflective practice around your art-based practice. This is because art can take clients to deep and sometimes unexpected places. Reflective practice ensures you develop the awareness and understanding to manage the space safely for your clients, maintain coaching boundaries and adhere to coaching ethical guidelines.
The aim of the programme
The aim of this programme is to provide you with the foundations of using an art-based coaching approach and build your confidence in the approach so you can start using this approach with your clients.
By the end of the programme, you will leave with a greater understanding of the depth and breadth of using art in coaching, understand why coaching with art is such a powerful intervention and know how to start to introduce this approach in coaching.
To get the best from this online programme it will be important for you to have to hand a range of materials that you can use, as well as be in a space that enables you to feel comfortable working creatively. A full list of materials together with guidance on how to set up a creative learning space will be sent to you as part of the joining pack for the programme.
CPD and accreditation
This programme has been accredited with the Association for Coaching (AC) for 14 hours of CPD under their CPD Award Scheme. The AC certificate can only be awarded through attending all four modules and the group supervision session.
A CPD certificate from ART in Coaching is also awarded and, where a delegate is unable to attend the full programme and is therefore not eligible for the AC CPD certificate, they will receive the ART in Coaching certificate showing the number of CPD hours attended.
I am also exploring ICF accreditation for this programme.
The programme content
The two days
DAY 1 – Introducing Coaching with Art
Part 1 – Introducing art based practice
- Introducing the programme
- What is art-based coaching?
- Why this is an important coaching approach
- The background to the ART in Coaching approach
- Practical – Exploring your art story
- Demonstration of ART in Coaching in action
Part 2 – The ART in Coaching framework and approach
- An in-depth exploration of the Art in Coaching framework and approach
- Person centred approach to art-based coaching
- Contracting for art-based coaching
- Managing ourselves in the creative space
- Co-coaching practice
DAY2 – Coaching With Art in Practice
Part 1 – Coaching the whole brain and transformational shift
- Art and the brain, and our two hemispheres
- Why working with the right hemisphere is important for our clients
- Transformational shift and the right hemisphere
- How art enables us to work with the whole brain
- An introduction to other ways of introducing art
- Co-coaching practice
Part 2 – Art based coaching in practice
- Co-coaching – exploring themes and patterns
- How to close a programme and measure success
- Managing barriers, ours and our clients, to this approach
- Ethics and boundaries
- Getting started in your own practice
During the programme you will be working in pairs or trios to practice using art in coaching. Then, post the programme, you will be encouraged to continue to co-coach in pairs as part of your continuing development and reflective practice before attending a group supervision session.
Around two months after the in-person programme you are invited to attend a two-hour online group supervision session. The group supervision is a supportive and confidential space where there will be no more than 4 coaches working together. Led by your supervisor Anna Sheather, we will support each other to consolidate your learning and develop your art-based practice.
The 2022 programme is being run on 3rd and 4th October 2022 at Sarum College, overlooking the beautiful Salisbury Cathedral Close www.sarum.ac.uk
Booking your place and fees
Please book your place using the booking form below and I look forward to welcoming you onto the programme. If you have any queries, or would like to discuss the programme, please don’t hesitate to be in touch with me via the contact page or via the Request More Information form below.
The fee for the programme is £690 and includes:
- All the art and other materials needed to get the best from the programme
- The supporting workbook
- A copy of the accompanying slides
- The guide – Creating a Reflective Practice
- All refreshments and lunches
- The CPD Certificate, and
- The online group supervision session
Please note accommodation is not included and you will need to arrange this.